To be eligible to participate in this program, foreign nationals must
(1) meet the qualifications for teaching in primary or secondary schools in their country of nationality or last legal residence,
(2) have a minimum of three years of teaching or related professional experience, and
(3) satisfy the standards of the US state in which they will teach.
(4) Applicants must be proficient in the English language.
(5) Teacher candidates must also be of good reputation and character, and seek to enter the United States to
(6) teach full time.
The school, district or state must set up a CHF J-1 visa teacher exchange program if there is not already an existing one. Schools must be primary or secondary accredited educational institutions in the United States. School exemption from certification does not apply in this case. The school, district or state must cover CHF sponsorship costs.